Saturday, June 14, 2014

Imaginisce - Memorial Day Theme

*This was up on the Imaginisce blog a little while ago but I didn't want to post it as my friend hadn't gotten her cards yet! Silly mail! :)

I know - I know… This doesn’t appear like a Memorial Day inspired set of cards - but it is! 

My best friend Kourtni (yes, my best friend and I share the same name) is a doctor in the Air Force and is a single mom. She is about to be deployed again but this time she cannot take her kids with her. In the spirit of Operation Write Home, I made these two cards for her to send home to her kids (boy;4 and a girl; 2). I’ll be sending them in a care package for her.


The Little Princess line isn’t just for little girls - it makes darling boys cards too! :) Don’t be afraid to think outside the box with your patterned papers.


I loved this little pop of pink for both hearts in the love you bubbles.

I am loving the card stock neutrals from American Crafts. I used them for all the solid colors - and those mists - so fun!


I hope you enjoyed my post for today and please remember that some of these soldiers have kids at home and the next time you participate in Operation Write Home, think about what they would want to receive. :)


Supply List:
Imaginisce: Patterned Papers (Little Princess)
Studio Calico: Mister Huey’s (Hey Diddle Diddle and Opaque White)

American Crafts: Cardstock Neutrals

Other Supplies:
Xyron adhesives
Silhouette Cameo 
Giraffe Cut File
Love You Cut File (came with the Silhouette Cameo)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are such cute giraffes! Loving them! How fun!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS