Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Honey Bee Showcase- Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

This week at Betty Bee's Buzz Amy Sheffer is our guest designer! She made a GORGEOUS balloon card! She also got to pick the theme for this week and she chose... Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. 

Amy Sheffer is a good friend of my friend June (also a HoneyBee) and I am thrilled that June set this up because Amy's card is just gorgeous and her talent is fabulous. 

I have to admit I was STOKED about this challenge. I laid everything out that I wanted to use and realized... there was no blue. haha! So I started again and I'm very happy at where the card evolved to. 

 Old: old script writing
Borrowed: a sketch from Artful Delight AND the idea of having the flowers overlap like that from Melinda Spinks HERE
Blue: background paper

It is based on this sketch here:

Recipe:




Play along this week to win a prize! :) There are SO many takes on this challenge and it's a really fun one. So have a blast and join us! :)

SHARE THIS POST - {PINTEREST}

12 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

just beautiful!

Kimberli said...

Gorgeous card, I love the flowers on the bottom!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Courtney your card is just beautiful. Love the theme idea too!

April said...

This is beautiful Court!!! I soooooo love the colors. :)
- April

Jen_H said...

This is beautiful! From the overlapping flowers to the color of blue you chose it is just gorgeous! TFS!
~~Jen H~~

Anonymous said...

Stunning.. LOVE IT!

Emily said...

Gorgeous!!

Meesh said...

Beautiful card Courtney! LOVE the theme! :o)

Michelle

DIANA L. said...

This card came out beautifully. The colors are great.

June Houck said...

I love this card and I totally want to CASE it. Love you, Honey!

artfuldelight said...

Oh my goodness Court, this card is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE it!! :-)

Amy Sheffer said...

This is breathtaking, Courtney! I love the flowers punched out of the script paper and the way they overlap. Gorgeous seam binding, too. Thanks to all of you for having me as a guest host!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS